CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

~Groucho Marx

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

I love books... they're so...book-y....
I have a bazillion newer books, and a bit more than a dozen? old books. I mean old. Well, as old as I can get them. One of my Favorites is "Primer of Sanitation" 1912. Or "Celebrated Crimes" 2-8 1895. I love 'em. Some of the plates are in really great shape, and so pretty... and I have a lot of textbooks, I love to see what people believed a hundred years ago. the sanitation book feels the need to point out not to use public drinking cups. xD. things like that. This was of course before the Flu Epidemic of 1918. So people were less likely to follow the books. Which helped the flu get around of course. It says in the book that the flu can last for a year. thank goodness for modern medicine. And most of the other diseases no one has anymore. Or they have some things about the diseases and cells wrong because the microscpopes weren't yet powerful enough to see everything.
I've been going through them. I probably cause drool damage.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love books too! Those are some pretty cool tidbits from the sanitaion book.

Bethany said...

That is awesome! I love finding out what people used to believe. Some of my favorites are old etiquette books. Hilarious!

Chronically Claire said...

There are lots of little books reprinted called "a house wives guide" and "dangerous adenvtures for boys" etc I love those! Hope you have lots of spoons today x Clairepie x