CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

-Jorge Luis Borges

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."


I read a lot, and sometimes I read things that make people say, "You read that? On purpose?"

I just finished reading this...

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete protection from the Living Dead. by Max Brooks


It's written just like any other guide. Earthquake, flood, apocolypse. Whatever. It's very amusing! It even has accounts of 'documented' zombie attacks. But I wonder, there are a lot of stupid people. How many took this seriously? It doesn't say anywhere that it's fictional. In fact even the author's bio, says this, 'Max Brooks lives in New York City but is ready to move to a more remote and defensible location at a moment's notice.' ha ha! Good stuff. And those are things I think about...

5 comments:

The Woolley's said...

That is hilarious! There really are some strange people out there. You just have to wonder, what were they thinking, or I suppose, not thinking.

Brooke Bennett said...

Haha! Joel, Bethany's husband would definitely love a book like this! I can see how that book could be very entertaining!

Sara Ann said...

I love to read too! It must be in the genes:)

Bethany said...

Brooke's right. Actually, Joel's already read it. His friend lent it to him. I think there's an online quiz that goes with the book to see how well you'd do if a zombie attacked. I wouldn't do too well, but Joel would, so hopefully he's home when an attack happens ;).

Joel said...

Great book.

Truly a masterpiece.